We may not think much about that dripping faucet but if we figure out just about how much water is actually dripping, we might just change our minds about fixing, repairing or replacing those dripping faucets or fixtures.
Just a single drip can really add up.
• Did you know that one gallon = 15,140 drips?
• One drip every second all day, it would take just over 4 hours to reach one gallon.
• This can add up to 5 gallons of water wasted every day.
• That is about 10% of the average water used by a 3.5 gpf (gallons per flush) toilet used on a daily basis.
• The average household leak can account for more than 10,000 gallons of water wasted yearly.
• Imagine that per household, per day. This is equal to 270+ loads of laundry.
• 10% of homes are thought to have leaks that waste at least 90 gallons of water each day.
So that dripping faucet can really add up.
• Leading to higher water bills and water usage.
• This can start damaging your faucets and fixtures.
• The dripping can start corroding the seals and begin to deteriorate the caulk and grout.
• Stains can start forming in the bottom of sinks and eventually, the sinks will have to be replaced.
• Even worse dripping faucets could cause your plumbing to break over time causing you more damage and expense.
On average homeowners can save about 10% on their water bill just by fixing dripping faucets.
Be proactive, look around your home and repair or replace those dripping faucets and fixtures. A continuous drip that happens after the faucet has been shut off may have dirt or debris in the valve/cartridge. Or in some cases, the check valve/spacer is worn out. These are located under the valve in the faucet body itself. Repair leaks by checking washer and gaskets for wear and replace them if necessary.
Hiring a licensed plumber as soon as you find plumbing problems to diagnose, fix and or replace damaged faucets and fixtures can save you money in the long run.
Don’t let plumbing be your problem, let it be ours.
When it’s time to call a plumber call Deer Valley Plumbing. We can fix that.
Call us today 602-582-1740