How to Fix the Puddle of Water on My Kitchen Floor
There are a number of small steps that can help you in setting the stage for a re-piping procedure, as most water puddles are caused due to damaged pipes that must be replaced in order to prevent water from pooling onto your floors.
Tackling the Water Puddle on Your Floor
So first things first, here is what you need to do to make the most of the situation:
- Discover the source of the water and turn off the water supply in your home. Most kitchen floors are flooded when pipes underneath the sink are damaged, and if that is the case, you will need to close the water supply before moving forwards with the repairs.
- Mop up the water on the floor and dry it properly so that you do not accidently slip and fall due to the wet floor.
- Once the water supply is closed, check the pipe that has been damaged.
- Remove the damaged portion of the pipe and assess the damage. Most pipes cannot be repaired and this is why you will need to fit your sink with a replacement.
- For this purpose, you need to buy the right size of the pipe, and place it back under your sink.
- Make sure that you tighten the bolts completely and assure that the water is not longer dripping when you turn the supply back on.
Alternatively, if you do not want to handle the repair on your own, you can keep reading to discover a more reliable solution.
Hiring a Professional for the Water Puddle Dilemma
Although it may seem easy, the task of removing and installing new pipes is a tedious business. In the worst-case scenario, if you do not fit the pipes properly, you will end up with an even bigger water puddle on your floor when you turn on the water supply again.
So what can you do to make sure that the re-piping is done to perfection?
Hire a professional plumber who is skilled in re-piping, so that you can be sure that your damaged pipes will be fixed in the right way.
How to Prevent Water Puddles in the Future
Once the damaged pipe has been replaced, all you need to do is to ensure that your pipes are inspected for rust or rot in a timely manner, so that you will be able to replace your pipes without facing another puddle of water on your floor.
Make a habit of checking the pipes around the house every six months to ensure that any pipes that are prone to damage are discovered in advance for a professional replacement.
Contact Us for Immediate Service
Choose Experience. Choose Deer Valley Plumbing.
We understand that plumbing problems can cause a major disturbance to your daily routine. When an issue arises, you need a fast, cost-effective solution. Our team is trained to handle any problem you are facing. We are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and tools to perform the service you need when you need it.
Call Deer Valley Plumbing Contractors
today at 602-832-8418 to schedule a plumbing service in Phoenix!