The Seven Best Tips to Keep Your Garbage Disposal Working This Holiday Season
The Garbage Disposal Working Hard
The holidays are just around the corner and that means there’s going to be a ton of garbage disposal service calls for plumbing contractors.
We compiled this handy little guide for you, and if you follow these rules your garbage disposal shouldn’t give you any problems:
- Always use cold running water before you run the disposal.
- Always keep the disposal on and cold water running for 15 seconds after the grinding has ceased.
- Always break up big disposal batches into smaller, more numerous batches.
- Always grind up some ice when you’re finished.
- Never use hot water while running the disposal.
- Never put fat, grease or fibrous waste into the disposer.
- Never overload the disposal.
With this said, have you ever had a plumbing problem during the holidays? Let’s keep your garbage disposal working.