These 8 Habits Can Save You Money And Water
We’ve all know it – we can save you money and water by not wasting it. But many times the suggestions made to save water involve replacing the 1940 style toilet you inherited from your grandma with something a little more modern. These replacements cost $ so we compiled a list of habits that could reduce your water consumption significantly.
- Use an electric razor.
- Shut off the water while you are brushing your teeth.
- Keep a pitcher of water in the refrigerator to keep it cool instead of running water down the drain waiting for the water to get cooler. If you must run the water for a long time, capture the wasted water in a bucket and use it for watering plants and pets, or for spot watering in your vegetable garden.
- Water your lawn in the early morning with a slow, deep soaking method. Don’t water between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. when water evaporation is the highest.
- Take a shower instead of a bath. A bath typically uses around 40 gallons of water. A short shower (less than 10 minutes) will use approximately 25 gallons of water with a low flow shower head.
- Don’t run the dishware or clothes washer until you have a full load. The dishwasher will use the same amount of water with a half load as it does with a full load of dishes.
- Use the automatic dishwasher instead of washing dishes by hand.
- Go to the car wash to wash your car instead of washing it by hand. Many car washes re-cycle their water. Even if they don’t re-cycle, you will use considerably less water than would be used in hand washing.
Contact Us for Immediate Service
Choose Experience. Choose Deer Valley Plumbing.
We understand that plumbing problems can cause a major disturbance to your daily routine. When an issue arises, you need a fast, cost-effective solution. Our team is trained to handle any problem you are facing. We are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and tools to perform the service you need when you need it.
Call Deer Valley Plumbing Contractors
today at 602-832-8418 to schedule a plumbing service in Phoenix!